Monday, September 15, 2008

Congratulations Boss!!



I would like to dedicate this post to my workaholic ex boss Dr. Sr. Azimuddin Bahari, as tomorrow will be his last day working with us at NRE. I had worked with him for almost six years, since February 2002 until August 2007 and that was my first ‘real’ job. I have no idea what he might have learned from me as I was a young, inexperienced, mischievous, stubborn and determined assistant, but I learned a lot from him in ways that he might never have imagined.

One of his favorite commands was ‘saya suruh buat, buatla…nanti pandai la saya nak jawab macam mana’. From this statement I learned that boss is always right, never question their orders. Here some of his favorite quotes and things I had learned;

‘Tak kan itu pun tak boleh/tahu buat, nama saja dapat ijazah pentadbiran tanah’ – moral of the story, never say no before you try.
‘Saya nak sekarang’ - moral of the story, be well prepared for any circumstances.
‘Thank you, good..good’ - moral of the story, compliment others for their efforts, to improve their self-esteem.
‘Boleh mati saya kalau takda kerja’ - moral of the story, we must work hard like we will live for another 100 years.

For that I want to thank him and tell him that I valued all his support, guidance assistance and patience. I wish there are more officer like him in the government service. Congratulations on your promotion, my very best wishes for your continuing success.

No comments: